Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Behind a Mask: the Unknown Thrillers of Louisa May Alcott (Introduction by Madeleine Stern)


Rating: 5 out of 5

This book was recommended to me by Jody and what a book! It's a collection of imaginative (and at the time, twisted and blood-curdling) short stories written by Louisa May Alcott. From the very first words of every story in this collection, I was hooked, I carried the book around with me everywhere and I can remember being more intent on discovering WHO these characters were--because you weren't sure who was sane, honest, good, or otherwise--and hardly interested at all in how the story would develop.

What a completion to the Little Women books I already love; and now my brothers can enjoy Louisa without losing any pride. My favorite was "Behind the Mask" but all were good, and 3 of the 4 were incredible. This is very easily a new favorite book of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment